Saturday 22 November 2014

Dreaming Big Enough





I found these photos hiding on my laptop and thought that they would suit this weeks blog post so hope you like them 










This week has been a bit busy and I've got two big exams coming up next week, including my first GCSE mock! So I thought I would just look back at something I wrote for my schools newspaper last year and edit it a bit for I didn't want to past a week without uploading when I had this right under my nose.

I haven’t really uploaded a post like this before but I hope you enjoy and find it useful. By the way as I read what I had written a year ago I literally crawled up into a ball. Beware it's a bit cheesy. 

There is something that we all fear. It saturates our souls with joy even by us thinking of it. We’ve all experienced it as we have changed our mind about it over and over whilst we have grown up. Dreams. As young children, we all had our big, crazy dreams for the future. Some of us may have wanted to become the first astronaut to land on Mars, become the Prime Minister, or achieve ‘world peace’. But where have all those dreams gone? Those old, big dreams have been thrown away as we’ve grown up.

Why shouldn’t we be allowed to dream big? Dreaming provides us with motivation and allows us to be free of the limitations of time, expectations and effort. No expectations. No restrictions.  And no pressure. Dreams drive us to become who we can be. They are goals and visions which coax you to think of your future self. Without dreams, you wouldn’t feel encouraged to become something that makes you happy and fulfilled.
 
Fear of failure is one of the reasons that we stop dreaming “big”. When you meet a certain goal, the word ‘fail’ appears. But did you really fail? You may not have completely succeeded in attaining a goal but that doesn’t mean that you have failed life. In most scenarios you should learn from it and doesn’t that mean you have grown? This may all sound cheesy but can’t it be true? Did you find other things, better things, as a result of that goal not working out? 
We all have to take a step to reach our dreams. All things are possible if you try.  I say keep on dreaming. I’m dreaming.

4 comments:

  1. Dreaming big is key to success! Great post, really enjoyed reading it :)

    http://www.skinnybelle.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I just had a look at your blog and your photos are lovely!

      Delete
  2. I love this, very warming and motivational!
    I feel ya with the mock exams-ive got 11 next week -_-
    hope they go okay,
    katie x
    katie-louu.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete