Saturday 11 October 2014

A Mistake

I had a blog post all ready to be uploaded tonight but then something happened…



Tonight my friend found my blog. I’m guessing that some people will get this and some might not: I was slightly scared.
A few months ago I was discussing different types of blogs with a friend of mine and every time I looked at my phone my fingers were itching to type in the words ‘I have a blog’.
You may ask what stopped me. Well to be honest, I was afraid. I was afraid of other people finding out. I was afraid of people wanting to read it. I was afraid of people laughing at it. I was just afraid and still am.
But a month ago I told two of my closest friends that I had a blog but I didn’t tell them what it was called. Today I accidentally sent a photo to one of my friends with the name of my blog in the background. I didn’t even realise at the time until she told me a few hours later, after she had read my blog. At first I was nervous: I shouldn’t have been.
She sent me a lot of very encouraging and supportive messages related to my blog but I still had a small voice in the back of my head telling me that she was just being ‘nice’. However now I’ve had a bit of time to think.
This mistake has enabled me to hear someone’s opinion of my blog and it has allowed me to be able to share something very important to me with one of my friends.
I don’t regret sending that photo. I’m happy that I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment